Wednesday 25 July 2012

Will The Real Olympics Please Stand Up

Yesterday was a day like none other yet encountered in my two year journey on The Everyman Olympics, not once but twice the real Olympics clashed with my 'lesser' project...

Just after a hearty and free lunch (cheers Ma), I popped along to Basildon Sporting Village, a veritable mecca of sport; they've an Olympic sized pool, state of the art gym and Gymnastics facilities that could rival any Russian oligarch with a penchant for watching Lycra-clad young lovelies in action.

While I waited for my chance to speak with the Gymnastics receptionist (that's just how professional this place is), I had to take a step back to allow...the Japanese Olympic Men's Gymnastics Team through! Each one of these double-agile chaps was sporting their national training kit and looking as focused as Kevin Costner when he shot that arrow in a movie one time.

I guess if the Japanese Gymnastics Team's diet consists of pure gold, they deserve priority bless em.

Sadly when I spoke with the very helpful receptionist she was unable to promise a positive response from the gymnastics coach as they were so busy with Olympic teams using the venue at present. The Basildon I grew up has changed dramatically it would seem.

The second collision between my Olympics and the other one happened just a few hours later...when I was heading into Garons Park, Southend, to do some Swimming training for The Modern Pentathlon Challenge. I had a photographer I've met, called Beach, with me - he was looking to get some shots of me training in the pool, but we were denied! The reason: The GB Diving Team were training in the Diving pool right next door.

Team GB Divers: You could have trained outside lads!
I'm not one to mind sharing the limelight but sheeesh!

Thankfully Basketball training went according to plan yestereve. Phew.

The Everyman Olympics continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment